Public Notice Randolph Central School Corporation is shifting morning bus routes. The shift in morning bus routes is being done to create time for extended professional...
About Us Driver Middle School is a 6th grade through 8th grade facility that services over 325 students. Our student academic and social progress is of the utmost...
Randolph Central Families,
Your 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students participated in the ILEARN assessments earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results with proficiency levels and scale scores will not be available for schools until August 15. In accordance with Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d), parents and schools have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended item(s) to which students responded on the ILEARN assessment.
Important Information about the ILEARN Rescore Request Process:
• The ILEARN Rescore Request window will be open in mid-July (July 15–31). Requests submitted outside of this window will not be processed.
• Parents or guardians who wish to view students’ response images and scoring rubrics must visit the school in which their child is officially enrolled. There will not be a separate online portal for parents to access this information.
• Together, we will be able to view an image of your student’s response to each open-ended item, sample student responses for each score point, and the scoring rubric to help decide whether to request a rescore for that item.
• I will submit any rescore request(s) on your behalf in the online platform.
• It is extremely important to understand that requesting a rescore CAN result in your child’s score being lowered, meaning we could unintentionally move your child from a passing score to a failing score through this process.
• Once a rescore request is submitted, the request and/or score change cannot be reversed.
• A rescore request can only be requested one time for an item. Multiple requests to rescore the same item for a student are not permissible.
• All items, responses, and scoring rubrics are secure materials and must not be discussed, shared, distributed, or duplicated.
• Final results released on August 15 will reflect any properly submitted requested rescores.
Parents or guardians who choose to request a rescore for their child’s ILEARN assessment, must contact our school office to do so no later than July 31, 2019. We will be able to help you view your child’s response images and scoring rubrics and request a rescore for each item. You’re also welcome to contact me or Mrs. Jaelyn Winkle with any questions you have regarding requesting a rescore for an ILEARN assessment.
Katie Lash, Principal
Today some of our 6th grade Ambassadors got to visit Deerfield and Willard Elementary to talk to the 5th grade students about what they can expect at Driver next school year. These students had a fun time sharing what they know, and they did a great job! #PositiveRoleModelsview image
The 7th graders in Industrial Tech get to create their own CO2 powered dragsters. Each class gets to compete and race their cars, and the overall winners this year competed today for the championship. Congratulations to Matthew Miller on having the fastest dragster for this school year!view image